With a membership base of approximately 500 regional healthcare leaders, the ACHE of Eastern Pennsylvania is the regional chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE), serving the counties of Berks, Bradford, Carbon, Columbia, Lackawanna, Lehigh, Luzerne, Lycoming, Monroe, Montour, Northampton, Northumberland, Pike, Schuylkill, Snyder, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Wayne and Wyoming.
ACHE is an international professional society of more than 40,000 healthcare executives who lead hospitals, healthcare systems and other healthcare organizations. ACHE’s established network of 80 chapters provides access to networking, education and career development at the local level. ACHE also offers its prestigious FACHE credential, signifying board certification in healthcare management. In addition, ACHE is known for its magazine, Healthcare Executive, and its career development and public policy programs. The Foundation of ACHE is known for its educational programs—including the annual Congress on Healthcare Leadership, which draws more than 4,000 participants—and groundbreaking research. Through such efforts, ACHE works toward its goal of being the premier professional society for healthcare executives dedicated to improving healthcare delivery.
To be the professional membership society for healthcare leaders in the region; to meet members’ professional, educational and networking needs; to promote high ethical standards and conduct; to advance healthcare leadership and management excellence; and to promote the mission of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
- To promote promote professional interaction and communication among individuals with responsibility in the administration of healthcare facilities and agencies.
- To promote and foster the advancement of leadership and competency in healthcare management by providing an educational forum for leaders in health-related management fields.
- To address political and economic issues impacting healthcare in the region and the state.
- To promote networking among its members and professional organizations and to encourage participation in the American College of Healthcare Executives and other appropriate health or professional associations.
As members of the American College of Healthcare Executives, we are committed to:
- Integrity – We advocate and demonstrate high ethical conduct in all we do.
- Lifelong Learning – We recognize lifelong learning is essential to our ability to innovate and continually improve ourselves, our organizations and our profession.
- Leadership – We lead through example and mentoring, and recognize caring must be a cornerstone of our professional interactions.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion – We advocate inclusion and embrace the differences of those with whom we work and the communities we serve.